Adult Psychiatrist with 12+ years of experience post qualification, CCT or equivalent from other western countries. Native English levels preferred.
The Employer, UAE’s top Mental Health Treatment Services Provider, owning facilities across the UAE to offer Psychiatry & Neurology care of the highest quality is looking out for Adult Psychiatrists with 12+ years of experience, definitely a western qualified professional and with native level English speaking skills (certainly with no accent), any Arabic skills will be a definite advantage. There are multiple openings against the above position, all of which are based in Dubai.
- 12+ years of experience post qualification, CCT or equivalent
- Generalists preferred, but specialities in women’s health, psychotherapy, liaison psychiatry, substance misuse and eating disorders will also be considered
- Qualifications from US/UK/Western Europe preferred
- Must be licensable by the DHA - being already licensed a plus
- Native English Language Skills Preferred
- For non-natives, excellent command over English and no heavy accent like Arabic, East-European, Southeast Asian etc. acceptable.
- Ability to provide client service in Arabic is a plus
- Full Time, Permanent, 2 years (Renewable), 6 months’ probation.
- For all hires, a strong fit with our client’s vision, mission and values is a must.
Two compensation model options are available:
- THIS EMPLOYER is based on a production or fee-sharing model in which the clinic and clinician share fees collected from clients seen by the clinician. Our client offers them a starting salary for up to 6 months which is intended to provide newly hired clinicians with a guaranteed earning floor as they settle in and gradually develop their caseload and does not reflect their full earning potential. The employer’s demand levels are such that a clinician can walk into a full-caseload situation from the beginning of employment. The clinicians’ income is in the top 2-5% for mental health professionals in Dubai.
- Guaranteed base salary AED 50K per month + Commission
- Fee-sharing model – going up to 60% sharing with earning the possibility of 100K PM
- More details will be provided to the shortlisted candidates.
- Please copy the below Questionnaire in your email body or as page 1 of the CV. Answers must be opposite each question.
- Your CV should be in Word format only (No PDF)
- Your photo & other documents must be in JPG format
- Please name your documents appropriately.
- Email cv, questionnaire and documents to partha(at)roychowdhurys(dot)com
QUESTIONNAIRE (Copy paste on a new word document - answer against the questions only)
- Full Name as in Passport
- Position Applying for
- Present location / City
- Current Medical License
- UAE License Details
- Date of Birth / Age
- Passport Validity Date
- Email id
- Mobile Number
- WhatsApp Number
- Skype ID
- Total Exp - Post Masters
- Highest Qualification / Year / Country
- Current Salary (AED)
- Expected Salary (AED)
- Languages Skills English
- Language Skills Arabic
- Marital Status
- Spouse Profession (if doctor)
- No of kids/dependents (below 18)
- Earliest availability to Join
- Have you applied to / Discussing with any client in the UAE currently?
Other Tips / FAQ’s
1. Why do I need to start my licensing process before I get an offer?
The client invests a lot of time and put a lot of thought into recruiting clinicians of the highest calibre to join them. It is important that the candidates also carefully considered the decision to move to the UAE before approaching us. The licensing process is one indication of a candidate’s seriousness. Being licensed is also a legal requirement for clinicians to be able to treat clients.
- Psychiatrists should start with their licensing process with the Dubai Health Authority (DHA) as soon as possible.
- Other Mental health professionals should register with the CDA and ensure their qualifications are equalized too.
- Please note You do not get invited to visit our client’s clinic – for the final screening step – until completed Primary Source Verification (PSV) through Dataflow. You cannot start employment until the license has been granted.
- We have a dedicated licensing division that can help you process DHA / CDA Dataflow for a fee.
2. How long does the interview process take?
- The client has 5 stage/levels of interviews and they conclude the fourth screen by the 5th week after receiving the candidate’s resume and all documents and in the format requested above.
- The final round - clinic visit is dependent on the candidate’s progress in the licensing process and their availability for travel.
- Once they receive an offer, their start date is dependent on when they get awarded their license and when they can move from their previous job/country (if applying from abroad).
3. Do you offer other benefits such as housing or schooling allowances or flights home?
- Such allowances are rare in private practice employment contracts in Dubai and, when included, they are usually coupled with a lower base salary.
- Instead, the employer ensures that the clinicians can earn enough income to cover such costs themselves, and through the production model clinicians do not have an earning ceiling, if they see more clients, they earn more.
- The clinicians’ income with this employer is in the top 2-5% for mental health professionals in Dubai.
4. How do clinicians build their caseload?
- This employer's reputation for excellence, professionalism and care attracts a steadily growing number of clients.
- They operate a triage system to assign clients to clinicians whose expertise best match their needs, within a reasonable window of availability, and with a consideration of the clinicians’ relative caseloads.
- You are also offered multiple platforms and opportunities to build your reputation which in turn further bolsters the caseloads.
5. Does the teamwork in a multidisciplinary manner?
At the Client’s, all of the below work alongside each other. They make appropriate inter-referrals and engage in joint working.
- Occupational and
- Speech & Language Therapists
6. What clinical specialities are needed at our client’s?
- The client serves the community across the lifespan and therefore welcome clinicians who can work well as generalists and bring specialties and serve niche areas of need.
- Your speciality will also, provide opportunities to train colleagues and various mental health professionals in the community looking to deepen their clinical skills.